Become an Egg Donor, Help a Loving Couple Have a Family
How to Donate Your Eggs
Thank you for your interest in becoming an egg donor. We appreciate your willingness to consider helping others build families through donor egg in vitro fertilization (IVF). Tulsa Fertility Center’s experienced and supportive staff will continuously strive to ensure that your journey as an egg donor is both personally gratifying and medically safe, and we will personally guide you through the process to make it as smooth and successful as possible.
Minimum Egg Donor Requirements
- You must be ages 21-29
- Smoking affects your egg quality and blood flow to your ovaries so you may not be a smoker or have previously smoked
- If you are adopted, we may require records from your biological family’s health history. This is a decision of the recipients if they want an adopted donor
- Your body mass index (BMI) must be within 5 points of your ideal body weight proportioned to height
- Drug testing is required and if you have ever been an IV drug user you will not be approved
- Alcohol and certain medications must be avoided during the stimulation- this will be about a 1 month time frame
- You need to be in good health
- Psychological testing will be required for approved donors prior to retrieval
- There will be a period of time you must abstain from intercourse during your stimulation cycle
- Minimum education requirements include a high school diploma. Enrollment in college classes or a college degree is preferred.
- No STD’s, piercings or tattoos within the past 12 months prior to retrieval
- Appointments at our facility are crucial; you must make your appointments promptly at the time they are scheduled. Your cycle will be cancelled if you cannot arrive to your appointments in a timely manner
- You must provide your own transportation to/from appointments
- A driver will be required to/from retrieval as you will be recovering from anesthesia
The entire screening and treatment process may take up to 2-3 months from start to finish, but most of your participation takes place within the last 3-5 weeks during which you’re undergoing the actual IVF treatment. This is when the serious time commitment begins.